The History of Hong Kong
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning “inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation”) is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before written record are considered prehistory. It is an umbrella term that relates to past events as well as the memory, discovery, collection, organization, presentation, and interpretation of information about these events. Scholars who write about history are called historians.
The History of Hong Kong, a coastal island located off the southern coast of China, began with its incorporation into the Chinese empire during the Qin dynasty (221–206 BC), although archaeological findings suggest that the region has been inhabited since the Old Stone Age. Starting out as a fishing village and salt production site, Hong Kong later evolved into an important free port and eventually a major international financial centre.
Special features for this web:
1. bilingual and even multi-lingual
2. multi-media with audio, video, chart, graph, photos, 2D artwork, 3D sculptures, etc
3. diversified categories
4. extendible to other domain, sub-domain, intranet with scaleable volume of storage
5. adaptable to other subjects, or even just change to history of China, or other regions or countries.
6. with management tools for Principals, teachers, parents, students or community users, with different level of security and privileges modules.
7. custom-made production to digital or printed media teaching material
8. compatible to other devices, such as phone, tablet, laptop, notebook or tower station PC.
9. cross-reference linked internal key words wikipedia
10. Back-end and front-end facilities for:
Sharing Workload with Teachers and Supervisors
Using Points and Grading System